Welcome to the 2020-2021 academic year at the Archimedean Middle Conservatory! On behalf of the teachers, administration, and Board of Archimedean Schools, we look forward to embarking on a new school year.
This year, unlike any in the past, we will be starting school with remote synchronous classes (online) due to the limitations imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
During the school closures this past Spring, we took pride in providing our students with one of the most comprehensive and rigorous online instructional programs among all middle schools in the state.
In September we will raise the bar even higher by improving our educational delivery methods and improving student interaction in our online classes. When the time comes that local health officials announce it is safe to return to the ‘brick and mortar’ modality of instruction, our extensive planning over the summer enables us to smoothly switch and continue our program in the school building.
First Day of School
The first day of school is Monday, August 31, 2020.
8:30am to 4pm (Mondays through Thursdays). On Friday school ends at 2:55pm.
Click the image above to view/download the AMC Parent-Student Handbook 2020-2021
Parent Student Handbook
Kindly note that the “AMC Parent-Student Handbook” is available for viewing by visiting Archimedean Middle Conservatory website. All parents are required to sign and or initial pages 29 through 34 of the handbook and email it to the AMC Office Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents must submit the required signed pages by September 31st. Please review the handbook with your child and ensure he or she is aware of all school rules and policies.
Changes for 2020-21
For the 2020-21 academic year, we have made a number of changes to the AMC program. Details of the changes are available in the Parents Student Handbook. Some of the major changes include:
- School begins at 8:30 am for all students (not 9 am as in previous years). Students must be in their homeroom class (same as period 1) by 8:30 am. The homeroom schedule will be emailed to parents soon.
- The school day will consist of 7 instructional periods a day. Each period will be 56 minutes in duration. Subjects are distributed at different times during the week. There is no longer block scheduling and alternative days.
- Student early release will be on Fridays at 2:55 pm (not Wednesdays at 3 pm as in previous years).
- All students must purchase a new PE Uniform. Students must wear their AMC PE Uniform to school on days that they have PE. (This will be enforced when we return to the school building)
This year we will organize Zoom meetings during the week of August 24th to introduce AMC students (grades 6 through 8) to their teachers. The meetings will be attending by grade level teachers, administration, and myself. Unfortunately, students will not get the opportunity to interact or ask questions due to time constraints. However, we will enable students the opportunity to submit their questions by email. For grade 6 students we will devote a bit more time to introduce them to AMC. This will be a great opportunity for students to see their teachers and be more comfortable when online classes start.
Emails Coming Soon
In the next two weeks I will email parents the following information:
- Class timetable and homeroom schedule
- Links to all Zoom classes
- Information about borrowing a school laptop
- More information about Zoom rules and requirements
- Zoom-Meet Information (Date, time, Zoom link)
Again, I wish all our students a very successful school year.
I am positive that together (students, parents, teachers, and administration) we will successfully navigate around any challenges that may sail our way.
I wish you and your family great health always.