THE CERTIFICATE OF ATTAINMENT IN MODERN GREEK
Archimedean Academy is functioning as an examination center for the Certificate of Attainment in Modern Greek. A certificate is issued for successful candidates at four levels, A, B, C, and D. The examination covers all four language skills, i.e., candidates are examined in Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking.
The certificate of Attainment in Greek
- offers a standardized assessment of proficiency
- satisfies proficiency requirements for the practice of various professions in Greece, and EU
- a level C allows foreigners who do not possess a Greek secondary education, to register at a Greek institution of higher education
- a level D allows citizens of European Union member states to prove complete knowledge and fluent use of the Greek language.
- is equivalent to the English “Lower” and “Proficiency” diplomas of the University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK, and the University of Michigan.
The examination for the Certificate of Attainment in Greek is administered worldwide through the University of Thessaloniki and the Centre of Greek Language on behalf of the Greek Ministry of Education. The examinations are held in mid-May at Archimedean Academy. Dates for the examination and the submission of applications to participate in the examination are announced to examination centers and all those interested at the beginning of each academic year. The dates are common to all examination centers worldwide.
Successful candidates at each level will receive an official Certificate of Attainment in Modern Greek. The Certificate can be a valuable asset for university students who are trying to fulfill a second language requirement and for those seeking employment with European or other international companies.
Anyone wishing to participate in the examination must fill out the relevant application and pay the relevant, non-refundable, examination fee, specified each year by the Centre for the Greek Language. Eligible candidates must be at least 12 years old on the examination date. Applicants must provide the following:
1. The application form, bearing the candidate’s name, as it appears on valid ID (passport, driver’s license etc.).
2. The completed questionnaire (provided with application).
3. Copy of a valid photo id (passport, driver’s licence).
4. Non-refundable check, payable to Archimedean Academy, with the appropriate fees.
Candidates may be tested at various levels, and should indicate which level they desire. For those interested, preparatory classes will be offered.
For more information, application forms, or inquiries, please contact Mr. Demetres Bardoutsos at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or 305-279-6572.