Examinations for the Greek Learning Certificate May 2021 have been postponed due to Covid-19
As you all know, the exams for the certification of the Greek language were set for 18,19 and 20 of May 2021 and the registration period has ended.
The global situation, due to the pandemic of coronavirus and its rapid spread in Greece and the world, imposes the testing provider (Centre For The Greek Language) the need to redefine the original planning and postpone the May 2021 exams.
Our priority is the health and safety of the candidates involved and our staff.
- Applications, where candidates have paid the testing fees, will be automatically transferred to the new testing period which will soon be set and announced in order to replace the one that has been postponed.
- Applications being processed and applicants have not yet paid the testing fees:
- Applicants may submit their exam fees by the end of March and have their application approved. Once approved their registration will be automatically transferred to the new testing period which will soon be set and announced in order to replace the one that has been postponed or
- wait for the opening of the new application period, for the new testing period which will replace the postponed one.
- Interest in applications for the new testing period: there will be a new registration period from June 1 to June 28, 2021, for which you will be informed in a timely manner through Testing Centre’s website.
Archimedean Academy is functioning as an examination center for the Certificate of Attainment in Modern Greek. A certificate is issued for successful candidates at four levels, A, B, C, and D. The examination covers all four language skills, i.e., candidates are examined in Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking.
The certificate of Attainment in Greek
- offers a standardized assessment of proficiency
- satisfies proficiency requirements for the practice of various professions in Greece, and the EU.
- a level C allows foreigners who do not possess a Greek secondary education, to register at a Greek institution of higher education
- a level D allows citizens of European Union member states to prove complete knowledge and fluent use of the Greek language.
- is equivalent to the English “Lower” and “Proficiency” diplomas of the University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK, and the University of Michigan.
The examination for the Certificate of Attainment in Greek is administered worldwide through the University of Thessaloniki and the Centre of Greek Language on behalf of the Greek Ministry of Education. The examinations are held in mid-May at Archimedean Academy. Dates for the examination and the submission of applications to participate in the examination are announced to examination centers and all those interested at the beginning of each academic year. The dates are common to all examination centers worldwide.
Successful candidates at each level will receive an official Certificate of Attainment in Modern Greek. The Certificate can be a valuable asset for university students who are trying to fulfill a second language requirement and for those seeking employment with European or other international companies.
Anyone wishing to participate in the examination must fill out the relevant application and pay the relevant, non-refundable, examination fee, specified each year by the Centre for the Greek Language. Eligible candidates must be at least 12 years old on the examination date. Applicants must provide the following:
- The application form, bearing the candidate’s name, as it appears on valid ID (passport, driver’s license, etc.).
- The completed questionnaire (provided with application).
- Copy of a valid photo id (passport, driver’s license).
- Non-refundable check, payable to Archimedean Academy, with the appropriate fees.
Candidates may be tested at various levels and should indicate which level they desire. For those interested, preparatory classes will be offered.
For more information, application forms, or inquiries, please contact Mr. Demetres Bardoutsos at [email protected], or 305-279-6572.