Current Employment Openings
Archimedean Schools are now hiring qualified substitute teachers
Substitute Teacher duties and responsibilities
In order to create an encouraging, safe learning environment for students while their regular Teacher is absent, the Substitute Teacher will need to have good classroom management skills, take attendance and follow the lesson plans of the regular classroom teacher. Additionally, a substitute teacher will need to supervise students in and out of the classroom, including in the halls, on the playground and in the cafeteria. At times some office/reception work may be required.
- Archimedean Academy Schedule: 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM (should arrive 15 minutes early)
- Archimedean Middle Conservatory: 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM (should arrive 15 minutes early)
- Archimedean Upper Conservatory: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (should arrive 15 minutes early)
Substitutes may be scheduled ahead of time or may get a call early in the morning asking them to come in that same day.
Personal Characteristics/Virtues required of a substitute teacher
- A substitute teacher must be trustworthy, respectful, responsible, fair, empathetic and patient.
- $13.50 per hour
- $108.00 a full day (8 hours)
- $ 54.00 for a half-day (4 hours)
Minimum is always a half day.
A two year college degree is preferred.
If interested please send your cv to Ms. Olga Bardoutsos
The hiring process requires background check clearance from MDCPS