Homeroom Parent Responsibilities
Archimedean Academy’s Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
- We support the School’s efforts to build a strong sense of community among students, parents/guardians, teachers, administrators and support staff.
- We encourage a positive home life by reaching out to students and parents/guardians in need of support.
- We act as liaison between the parents and the school to enrich the learning environment of the students.
- We build a partnership within the Archimedean teachers that encourages the growth and development of our children.
- We raise funds and donations of goods and services from the wider community to support these objectives.
- We work cooperatively with the Principal, President of the school and the Archimedean Board of Directors to achieve the goals, which support the good of the school.
Homeroom Teacher / Parent Responsibilities Role of the Teacher:
- To create a parent contact list for the homeroom parent.
- To communicate to the homeroom parent what the classroom needs are
- Classroom events o Supplies/donations o Classroom tasks
- To remind/encourage students about PTO initiatives and follow-up as needed (collect forms, monies, donations, etc.).
- Must be a member of the PTO and should attend at least one general PTO meeting per year.
Role of the Homeroom Parent:
- To communicate to the classroom teacher when a parent is seeking volunteer hours.
- To communicate to the classroom parents when the school/PTO is in need of parental assistance.
- To communicate to the teacher the achievement level goals and results of PTO initiatives
- (100% PTO membership drive ice cream party, 75% parental participation at Open House events pizza party, 50% parental participation at PTO general meeting and Kid’s Fun Night party, etc.)
- To oversee basket decorations for the Food Drive. ? Must be an active member of the PTO and attend general PTO meetings
- Should possess good communication, organizational and people skills.