First Graduating Class of A.U.C. Set The Bar High
June 4th, 2012 marked a very successful completion of a circle for 32 bright individuals and the beginning of a new greater one. The 32 students of the first graduating class (class of 2012) of the Archimedean Upper Conservatory received their high school diplomas in an emotional commencement ceremony at the South Miami-Dade Cultural & Arts Center. Along their diplomas they received everyone’s best wishes for their next step inbuidling their academic and professional careers.
The A.U.C. Class of 2012, the FIRST Graduating Class of the Archimedean Upper Conservatory :
Candice-Rae Calderin, Oscar Camargo, Andy Castillo, Yesenia Ceballos, William Conde, Sebastian Cuitiva, Matthew Estrada, Nicole Estrada, Sebastian Franco, Carlos Garcia, Daniella Gennaro, Stephanie Gomez, Sebastian Hernandez, Katherine Landa, Michelle Marquez, FelixMartinez, Melissa Martinez, Marcus Mendez, Daniel Nanetti-Palacios, Ernesto Nanetti-Palacios, Kevin Oliveira, Catalina Otero, Tahimi Perez-Borroto, Marilyn Pinto, Jessica Pitaluga, Ana Quintero, Diana Rodriguez, Sarah Romano, Melisa Saavedra, Alexander Shahin, Laura Ulloa, Diana Zambrano.
Archimedean Upper Conservatory is extremely proud of every one of its first graduates and would like to share with all of you some highlights of their achievements at graduation:
- 97% earned admission to a four-year college or university
- More than half earned admission to a Top-100 college or university
- 81% were admitted to Florida International University (unoficially the highest acceptance rate among all high schools)
- 28% were admitted to University of Miami (unoficially the highest acceptance rate among all high schools)
- 44% earned different level awards as AP Scholars (AP Scholar, AP Scholar w/ Distinction, National AP Scholar)
- The 32 recently graduated students of the Class of 2012 were offered by the colleges and universities they were accepted to a total of around $1,000,000 per year (~$4 million for the next four years) in scholarships and grants.
- Alexander Shahin set the record for highest GPA at graduation with 6.433 !
- Daniella Gennaro set the record for most credits earned with 37 !
- Alexander Shahin set the record for most AP Exams passed with 13!
- Melissa Martinez was awarded a Posse Foundation 4-year full-scholarship to Syracuse University, NY !
- Diana Rodriguez completed hundreds of volunteer hours, the most among her graduating class !
The A.U.C. Class of 2012 earned admissions to the following colleges and universities (shown on the map below):
|Auburn University||Fordham University||Syracuse University|
|Belmont University||Furman University||University of Alabama|
|Boston College||Grinnell College||The University of California @ Irvine|
|Boston University||Hofstra University||The University of California @ Santa Barbara|
|Bryant University||Miami-Dade Honors College||University of Central Florida|
|Campbell University||New College of Florida||University of Connecticut|
|Catholic University of America||New York University||University of Denver|
|Clemson University||Northeastern University||University of Florida|
|Drexel University||Nova Southeastern University||University of Georgia|
|Duke University||Pace University||University of Massachusetts @ Amherst|
|Eckerd College||Pennsylvania State University||University of Massachusetts @ Boston|
|Emerson College||Princeton University||The University of Massachusetts @ Dartmouth|
|Emory University||Quinnipiac University||University of Miami|
|Fairleigh Dickinson University||Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute||University of North Florida|
|Florida Atlantic University||Rochester Institute of Technology||University of South Florida|
|Florida Gulf Coast University||Rollins College||University of West Florida|
|Florida Institute of Technology||Saint Louis University||Western New England University|
|Florida International University||Sarah Lawrence College|
|Florida State University||Stetson University|
On behalf of the board, the administration, the faculty, and the staff of the Upper Conservatory I want to congratulate the A.U.C. Class of 2012 for everything they have achieved in the past 4 years and we wish them the best for their personal, academic, and professional life.
You may always be happy, healthy, and successful!