Dear Archimedean Community
Archimedean is creating a custom cookbook featuring favorite recipes from our community. These cookbooks will be professionally published and a treasured keepsake for us all.
Money raised will be used towards the teacher salary supplement.
Please submit 3-5 of your favorite recipes so you can be featured in our cookbook. A wide variety of recipes will ensure that our cookbook is a success. We are using the Morris Press Cookbook’s website to easily submit recipes online. If you prefer not to enter them online, our committee will enter them for you. You may submit your Hard Copies to Catherine Hernandez at [email protected] or to your PTO representative.
We anticipate great demand for the cookbook, and we want to order enough. To reserve your copies, email Catherine at [email protected] with the number of cookbooks you plan to purchase. Cookbooks will be available for $20.00. You can also submit your pre-order form and payment, found at the bottom of this page to your PTO representative.
Please submit your recipes online by FEBRUARY 20, 2020
Deadline for Cookbook order submissions, MARCH 18, 2020
On behalf of your Fundraising Committee
General Information for May 2021 Examinations
- Archimedean Academy is functioning as an examination center for the Certificate of Attainment in Modern Greek.
- The Archimedean Schools testing center (Code 10007), is authorized by the Centre for the Greek Language, a department of the Greek Ministry of Education, Life Long Learning and Religious Affairs.
- The examination will take place at the facilities of Archimedean Academy on the 18th, 19th, and 20th of May 2021
Checks should be made out to Archimedean Academy.
The examination covers all four language skills, i.e., candidates are examined in Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking.
The Oral examination will take place right after the written examination.
Application Period: February 1st to March 21st, 2021
To Submit an Electronic Application (Currently available only in Greek): Electronic Application
For your electronic application to be approved, confirmation of payment is required. Please mail your check on time to the address below.
To Submit Recipes Online
Go to www.typensave.com Click `Login.’
Enter the User Name: ArchieCooks
Enter the Password: LettuceCook19! and click “Submit”
Enter your name and click `Continue’
Click `Add Recipes’ to begin adding your recipes.
Recipe Writing Tips
- When adding recipes, review the `Tips’ and use standard abbreviations.
- Enter only one ingredient per ingredient line.
- List ingredients in order of use in the ingredients list and directions.
- Include container sizes, e.g., 16oz pkg, 24 oz can.
- Write directions in paragraph form, not in steps.
- Use names of ingredients in the directions, e.g., `Combine flour and sugar.’
- Do not use statements like `Combine the first three ingredients.’
- Include temperatures and cooking, chilling, baking, and/or freezing times.
Additional comments about the recipes, i.e., history, nutritional data, suggested uses, are not allowed unless a `Recipe Note’ field is visible. Enter extra recipe content in that field